From time to time, just like many other companies, we collect or process personal information about you. In this privacy notice, we explain:
- what kind of information we process,
- how we’re collecting it, and
- what we’re using it for.
Importantly, we also tell you what your rights are in relation to the personal data we hold and what you can do to enforce them.
If you’d like, you can scroll down and read the whole policy. But you can also jump to the section you are interested in by clicking on one of the headings below.
- CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
- HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA & PURPOSES YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED FOR
- WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- HOW WE WILL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA SECURE
- WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
- PERSONAL DATA RETENTION
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- CONTACT US
- UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE
If this privacy notice doesn’t answer your questions, then get in touch with us by phone, email or post and we’ll be happy to help.
At CSL Seqirus (“we”, “us”, “CSL Seqirus”) we are committed to protecting your privacy. When you engage with us we may collect certain information that can be used to identify you (your “personal data”).
We are responsible for deciding how we hold, use and secure your personal data. We are responsible for responding to requests you make in relation to how your personal data is used.
This privacy notice explains what personal data we collect about you and how we use that personal data when you use our websites, mobile sites, mobile applications and other services and products controlled by CSL Seqirus that link to this privacy notice. It also explains the rights you may have in relation to that personal data.
2. CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
We may collect the following types of personal data from you when you interact with CSL Seqirus:
- Records of your discussions with us: when you contact us using the contact options on the website (whether by email, phone, an online form) or through social media (such as through Twitter or Facebook), we may keep a record of the information you provide when doing this.
- Online and technical information: we collect information about the pages you look at and how you use them.
- Location information: your smartphone or computer's IP address may tell us your approximate location when you connect to our website (this will usually be no more precise than a country or city location).
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA & PURPOSES YOUR PERSONAL DATA IS COLLECTED FOR
We will collect personal data from a number of sources. These include:
- Directly from you: when you set up an account with us, purchase products or services from us, complete forms we provide to you, make a report or notification about our products or services, contact us by phone, email, or communicate with us directly in some other way (such as social media).
- Our website: we also collect information about how you use our website.
4. WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
CSL Seqirus does not sell your personal data, however we may share it with the following third parties for a business purpose:
- Our staff–your personal data will be accessed by our staff but only where this is necessary for their job role.
- Companies in the same group of companies as us–for the purpose of providing a service to you.
- Government agencies or our regulators–where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives.
- Police and law enforcement–to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime.
- Other service providers and advisors–such as companies that:
- support our information technology and security
- help us analyze the data we hold
- send communications and advertisement to our current and potential customers
- provide us with legal, auditing or financial advice
- assist with fraud, prevention, detection and mitigation
- we have joint marketing or similar arrangements
We do not disclose personal information except as set out above or with other prior notice. We may provide other third parties with statistical information and analytics but we will make sure that the information is aggregated and no one can be identified from this information before we disclose it.
5. HOW WE WILL KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost or used, accessed, altered or disclosed in an unauthorized way.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data by our employees and service providers, to individuals who need access to perform their job or provide a service to us. They will only use your personal data on our instructions and are required to keep your personal data confidential.
We have put in place procedures to deal with suspected data security breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulators of breaches in accordance with relevant legal requirements.
Under certain circumstances you may have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive information about the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request deletion of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it.
- Request that we transfer personal data that you have provided to us to you or another party.
- To know third parties CSL Seqirus has shared your information with. If you exercise this right, we will inform you of the categories of third parties we have shared your data with.
You can exercise your rights by using the ‘CSL Seqirus rights portal’ by following this link: https://privacyinfo.csl.com/. Alternatively, you can exercise your rights by contacting us using the contact details at the end of this notice.
We will always aim to help you when you wish to exercise your rights but in some instances we may have lawful grounds to reject your request.
When you make a request we will need to verify your identity. To do this we may ask you for a copy of your photo identification or ask you questions to match the personal data we have on file.
We will investigate any request you make without undue delay and in any event within 45 days of receipt of your request. That period may be extended by an additional 45 days where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of the requests. We shall inform you of any such extension within 45 days of receipt of the request, together with the reasons for the delay.
In the event that we decide to not take action on the request, we will inform you of the reasons for not taking action.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
8. SOCIAL MEDIA
Generally, online social media resources are interactive tools that enable you to collaborate and share information with others. Social media resources include but are not limited to social networks, discussion boards, bulletin boards, blogs, wikis, and referral functions to share website content and tools with a friend or colleague. CSL Seqirus may collect personal information from you to enable you to use online social media resources we may occasionally offer to you. CSL Seqirus may also enable you to use these social media resources to post or share personal information with others. When using social media resources carefully consider what information about yourself you choose to share with others.
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website–when visited by a user–asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first-party cookies. We also use third-party cookies–which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting–for our advertising and marketing efforts.
10. CONTACT US
If you have any questions about how we process your personal data, you can contact us using the details below:
This privacy notice is effective as of September 2022.
We may update this notice from time to time to reflect changes in the way we process personal data (e.g., if we implement new systems or processes that involve the new uses of personal data) or to clarify information we have provided in the notice. Our changes will be in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We recommend that you check for updates to this notice from time to time but we will notify you directly about changes to this notice or the way we use your personal data when we are legally required to do so.
Effective as of September 2022.